This page contains links to pages with pictures and short descriptions of some Roman archaeological remains on the island of Kos, preceded by an overview of the history of Kos. The photographs were taken in September 2003 by Jan Theo Bakker (all photographs are in the public domain).
- History of Kos
- Mosaic with gladiators (Kos city, so-called Western Excavations)
- Mosaic with the judgement of Paris (Kos city, so-called Western Excavations)
- Mosaic of Europa and the bull, various remains (Kos city, so-called Western Excavations)
- Archaeological Museum (Kos city)
- Asklepieion, reconstruction drawing and plan (outside Kos city)
- Asklepieion, photographs (outside Kos city)
- A tiny church built on Roman tombs (near Tigaki)
- Mausoleum of Halikarnassos (Bodrum, Turkey)
Arrival in the harbour of Kos city.