Inside tomb C we find the entrance of a much elder tomb, now known as Tomb C3.
During the campaign of 1923 only the façade with the entrance was excavated.
In front of Tomb C3 was a small portico with two pilasters built of brick. The floor under
the portico was paved with a black and white mosaic depicting a male figure with his right arm raised, preceded by a lion and two horses. The ceiling has disappeared.
The entrance of tomb C3 includes two bricken semi-columns at the corners and faces
the entrance wall of Tomb C. The door has a travertine architrave and doorjambs.
The inscription above the door is lost. Tomb C3 had to be entered by two steps.
click to enlarge